Aug 19, 2009

Weigh-in Wednesdays

Trying something new. In an attempt to motivate myself to get back into shape, I thought posting my status on a weekly basis, for all to see, might do the trick. My husband's been laughing at me for the last few weeks as every week I say "next week I'm going to start getting back into shape"... because no good weight loss program can start on a Tuesday! :p Excuses, excuses. Fact is, when you're ready, you're ready... sometimes it's a Friday night and you're just about to chow down a yummy chocolate bar and you say to yourself "ya know what, I'm not doing this anymore" and that's it! You're ready!

So, here are my details (yes, I'm about to commit the huge faux pas of sharing my weight with the world! - if you ask nicely I'll tell you my age too, ha ha ha):

Height: 5'8"
Current Weight:157 lbs, Size 8-10
Goal Weight: 137 lbs, size 4-6 (my pre-baby weight)
Pounds to lose: 20lbs

I've included a picture of my pre-baby body (taken on my honeymoon - about 6mths before pregnancy @ 137lbs) and pictures taken of me today. As usual, what pisses me off most about the pre-baby picture isn't that I'm much bigger now, it's that I was very likely insecure about my body when that picture was taken! Why do we do that to ourselves?!?! From now on, I'll use today's pictures as my starting point. There likely won't be a noticeable difference for a while, but eventually there BETTER be a difference! :)

As far as my plan of attack? No rocket science here. I'm going to eat healthier and start running again (again). :p Those of you who have been following me for a while likely remember that I claimed to start running again about 4 weeks ago... ha ha ha, I ran twice! Because I'm breastfeeding, I won't be cutting my calories much... I'll just be focusing on getting the most out of those calories. If I stick to a 2000 cal/day diet, that we give me room to get all the nutrients I need for my little sweetie plus for some treats here and there (I am not a no fun type of girl). I plan on running 3-4 times per week for 30 minutes which is going to suck at first but once I can actually run the full 30 mins, it will be more enjoyable. I'd like to say that I'm going to be "pumping iron" and doing 1000 crunches a day but, fact is, I hate crunches so I know I won't do them and I want to start with small, realistic goals. I know myself - If I say I'm going to workout 5-7 times/week, then I'll be off track by day one, feel like a failure and give up!

So here we go! I'd love to hear your own stories and advice on losing the pounds - even if you have favourite snacks or meals that you'd like to share. Please comment!

Jen :)

*Note: Hopefully it's understood that everything is relative. I realize that I am by no means "fat" or in need of serious weight loss. However, we all have a weight that we feel our best at and for me that is between 135-140lbs. I hope not to offend anyone with my personal challenge.

2 comments:

The Louies said...

Thank you for this post! I am also battling post baby weight. My little girl is now 4 months old and I am having major motivation issues. Hopefully this will be the kick in the butt I needed.

Jen said...

I hear ya - like I said, hoping it's the kick in the butt I need! ha ha ha.