Apr 27, 2012

first o.b. visit

I LOVE my o.b.

Had my first appt yesterday with my obstetrician and it was fantastic. Had this pretty little medical student girl come in to do all my pre-checks and I'm pretty sure I drove her nuts and, for some reason, I wouldn't shut up. Like, I could hear myself talking and saying ridiculous things, and I just couldn't stop... poor girl. At least she got a good laugh. I continued this when the doc came in. They probably rolled their eyes at each other after they left and closed the room. Remember "six" from "Blossom". Yeah. She had nothing on me.

Anyways, the good news is I had not one problem on the "problem list" WOOT WOOT. Doc checked out my rash and said it's nothing to worry about. Phew. And, in all honesty, it appears to be disappearing. I think. Who knows. I've been "treating" it with Aveeno Baby Eczema cream that has colloidal oatmeal in it and (1) my skin has never been so soft (2) it's keeping my mind at ease about "preventing" stretch marks because it's so moisturizing and (3) my rash is not spreading and seems to be a little better. Fingers crossed it's done and gone soon.

My baby is, just like Jane, a mover and, there is no question (obviously...) that the child is mine. Already has an attitude... which further confirms, in my mind, there's a girl in there. Med student was trying to hear the heartbeat and, literally, not kidding - the child was punching back at her. I envision this little baby in there, getting poked, and like throwing up elbows saying "wtf! I'm sleeping bitch... get outta here". Totally and Jen baby in there. :p

I did get on the scale and gained 10 lbs since my last docs appt just over 5 weeks ago. For those of you who don't follow me on facebook I had a fantastic nurse who weighed me - I told her about my male GP who made me feel fat and she fessed up that she still had 35 of the 45 lbs she put on during her last pregnancy and her son was seven. She also gave me some great, medical, advice... apparently, it's important to put on extra junk in the trunk during pregnancy to balance out the weight in your belly, so that you don't fall over. DUH. THIS is the type of crap they need to be alerting people to in the news - NOT that Beyonce is supposedly the most beautiful woman in the world. Kill me now please. "I have never felt so beautiful since I gave birth"... Um. I hate you. I'm pretty sure I'd feel beautiful too if I had a clean eating chef and personal trainer who woke me up every morning and forced my fat-ass to exercise and eat healthy. In the real world, where we wake up exhausted (because we don't have nannies who tend to our newborn throughout the night), it's a little more difficult to pack in that salad and salmon for lunch... unless I can pour coffee and chocolate sauce on top. You know who the most beautiful person in the world is to me right now, Jessica Simpson... love that girl. She's gigantic and every one just assumes she's had the baby by now because she's been so big for so long and the girls like "yeah, stop calling me fat, I haven't had the baby yet and give me some more poptarts, tyvm". Here here sister.

So, next up for me is the delightful diabetes test. Gosh how I love chugging back that delicious flat, sugar-full, orange pop-wanna-be crap and sitting around for 2 hours so I have have my arm jabbed with a giaganta-needle.

AND, I get to see my ob/gyn now every two weeks - I've moved up to the two week appointment mark! WOOT WOOT!

Ok, I'm outtie. Still sick... have that stupid, annoying, symptom of not being able to open my eyes fully because they are burning so people are probably thinking I'm some crazy emotional pregnant woman who just cries all the time.

OH. I fell down today. That sucked. I had just been telling my step-ma (for those of you who don't know, I have like 14 sets of parents) how great my high-heel-wedge boots were and how comfortable they are and how safe because of the treads, and I'm carrying Jane into daycare and I roll my ankle and slow-mo-wiggle-wabble to the floor. Like not even ker-splat. Like wiggle-wabble-OH-No-TRIP-Up-maybe-not-nope-going-down-gone FALL! Thankfully, I caught myself (and Jane) with my knee and hand so neither one of us was hurt or in any danger. DOUBLE THANKFULLY, when I looked up and behind me (which was my first instinct after realizing we were both OK), there was NO ONE THERE. What are the chances that going into a huge office building at 8:30am, there would be no one behind me or in front of me. HALLELUJAH. This is when I re-affirm my believe in someone upstairs looking over me. I would have died. Big fatty falls with child in arms. You know people would have come running over to me and I would have wanted to DIE.

Also, here's an update for, again those of you who don't follow my facebook, of some of Jane's best quotes of the week... I love that kids says things without discretion. It makes me laugh so hard...

On Tuesday - Jane's sitting on my bed playing with the iPAD while I get dressed: "Mommy, you're really big." To which I respond, "Yes, Mommy is getting really big". To which she replies "And your pants are really high". Ha. Nutball.

Last night - Jane's having her pre-bed-poopy-on-the-potty that she saves, every night, for just before bed to get an extra ten minutes with me... "You have a lot of buttons on your shirt mommy"... "Yes, hunny, I do, don't I?" "Yeah... you're clothes is getting too small for you! You have to put it in the baby's room!" I laughed so hard.

Have a good weekend - sorry for the crappy blogging this week - had company in town and it's hard to say "hey, I know you flew like two days to get here but I have a blog to keep up... so... I'll talk to you in a few hours... you can watch tv or something while I ignore you." :)

2 comments:

Chelsea Leis said...

I think your little angel is quite a “mover,” Jen! I think this little girl of yours will grow to be healthy and strong! And I’m glad that your OB visit went well. Pregnancy, no matter how many times you experience it, would always feel like the first time. But I think your doctor is doing a fine job in assisting you on your second time. The test and the prescribed diet are really important so it is a must that you follow them. Don’t worry; you can have a taste of sweets once the baby comes out.

Chelsea Leis said...

I think your little angel is quite a “mover,” Jen! I think this little girl of yours will grow to be healthy and strong! And I’m glad that your OB visit went well. Pregnancy, no matter how many times you experience it, would always feel like the first time. But I think your doctor is doing a fine job in assisting you on your second time. The test and the prescribed diet are really important so it is a must that you follow them. Don’t worry; you can have a taste of sweets once the baby comes out.