Feb 18, 2010

Thank God Thursdays

The other day, as I was watching Friday Night Lights (my new addiction), I was trying to think of a fun way to share some of my favourite things with you guys on a regular basis. So, I am going to start doing Thank God Thursdays - maybe not every week, but on the weeks where I can't think of anything else to write about! :p

First off, I thank God for my beautiful, healthy baby girl Janers and my fabulous hubby Dan. Of course, I am also thankful for my family and friends and for how blessed we are.

Now. Onto some of the foolish things I am thankful for this week:

(1) Taylor Kitsch (a.k.a. Tim Riggins) - Pictured left. Hunny, I love you and you are hot stuff and you also know I have love in my heart for Riggins. Ladies, if you haven't watched Friday Night Lights (from now on referred to as FNL) before, you are so, so, so, so missing out. You need to tell your hubby it's about football and rent the DVDs, catch yourself up and starting watching it. It's the best show. Dan loves it. I love it. Addicted. Oh, did I mention he's a good Canadian boy? Thank God for Tim Riggins.

(2) Coach Taylor. Yes. FNL again. Like I said, addicted. This man makes me want to move to Texas. Thank God for Coach Taylor.

(3) Lainey Gossip. Like most women, I have a need to keep up to date on the lives of celebrities. Lainey's blog is awesome. She calls it like it is, calls people out on their nonsense stunts and gives you the straight-up on your fav celebs. She has honestly made me love celebs I hated and hate celebs I loved. Thank God for Lainey. She keeps me up to date on the latest gossips without having to suffer through Billy Bush. She also introduced me to FNL. :p ha ha ha.

(4) Snow blowers. On mornings when you wake up to a foot of snow (e.g. yesterday), having a snow blower has changed my hubby from the grouchiest person on earth (because he has to shovel) to the most excited, 5-year-old boy on earth because he gets to use his big, manly, machine. Thank God for snow blowers.

(5) Hair elastics. I now understand why back in the 80's all moms seemed to cut there hair off after having a baby (everyone knows the "mom cut"). If not for the best invention in hair styling known to man, the ponytail, I would sadly have the join them as, it seems, any chance she gets, Jane pulls my hair out. Thank God for the hair elastic.

(6) Sleep. Jane slept from 8:30pm until 6am and then back to bed until 7:30am last night. HALLELUJAH! That's a record for sure. Thank God for sleep!

That's all I can think of right now. I'll have to start keeping track of things throughout the week because my brain doesn't seem to work "on the spot" like it used to! :p

Ladies. I'm serious. If I didn't push it enough in the beginning of this post, see below. You need to watch this show. My hubby and I haven't watched any other show the past two weeks. We've only been watching FNL (started at season one and we are almost caught up now). It's not just about football, trust me. The envy I feel for those of you out there who have yet to discover this show and now get to watch it from the beginning... :)



"Have I had anything to drink yet?" ha ha ha. You know what? I just found a bunch of great FNL videos on NBC.com and I'm going to post one every week until every one of you are watching the show! :p

Be sure to check the sidebar to see if you are the winner of our Green Beaver Giveaway!


post signature


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

3 comments:

mrs.messi said...

I wish we had a snow blower!
I love my hair ties, too!

Jennifer said...

I am soooo jealous! I can't wait until the show is back on our cable network...dish. Or until the dvd comes out. Until then, we may just buy/rent the old seasons. I miss that show :(

MommyBrain said...

Ummmm ... helllooo ... are you familiar with my Riggins obsession?
In case you missed it ...
http://mommybrainnw.blogspot.com/2009/08/ww-crushin.html

http://mommybrainnw.blogspot.com/2009/07/hot-hat-belly-shot-and-hottie.html

And there's another one, but I can't find it right now.

Isn't he such a little hottie!

Sometimes when I read your blog, I swear, we are sharing a MommyBrain!