Aug 25, 2010

No Desire...

I could come up with a bazillion excuses for why I haven't been blogging lately... and I've probably got some good ones. But, fact is, I just don't have the desire. A year ago, I couldn't get enough. I would pre-write posts for weeks in advance because I just didn't have the time to keep up with all the writing I wanted to do. Today. Zip. I got nothing. I can't think of anything to inspire me (I don't mean I don't have inspiration, I guess motivation is the word not inspiration). I could absolutely write about squat but it would suck because I am not into it.

This struggle kind of makes me feel like when you're trying to lose weight... most of us go on for week talking about how we need to lose weight and need to exercise, but until we're completely motivated, it's just making us feel guilty and crappier because we know we need to lose weight and we're doing nothing. I know I need to just fess up and say "I'm probably not going to be blogging regularly anymore" but it makes me feel guilty!

But, truth is, if it ain't clear, I'm probably not going to be blogging regularly anymore. This blog has been awesome. I have met some fabulous friends from all over the world and, most importantly, survived the first year as a new Mom with my sanity. I thank everyone for following regularly and being so supportive and, even, to those who have been critical (although I thank you less :p ha ha ha, just kiddin).

I may still "pop in" every once in awhile to give an update on how everyone is doing. Or to ask for advice when I'm completely lost.

Good luck to all of you. Obviously, the blog will remain online and active as I know there are a few of you still using it as a resource to keep your own sanity! :)

Lots of love, xoxoxo
Jen
a.k.a. Mommy Brain

PS - Mommy brain still affects me every now and then. Got to the line up at the grocery store today without my wallet. Awesome.

post signature

3 comments:

Kathleen K. said...

Please do touch in from time to time.. ;) I'm sure some inspiration will hit you in the coming months. ;)

Rebekah said...

Are you still taking new advertisers if you're not going to be blogging as much? We have a gift basket biz we want to promo, focusing on new mums, but we are guessing not many new posts/less visitors means no new ads?

Ange said...

I can totally relate!! After reading this post, it really makes me miss the good old days of last year when the babes were so young and blogging was such an outlet & support.
Good luck and hope you can check in soon!
xo