Mar 15, 2010

Caydens Great Strides 2010

First of all, I know how easy it would be for you to start reading this post and simply close your browser and move on with your day. I am not judging you for this at all, I know I have done it myself. With that said, I challenge you to watch this video and, then, tell me you cannot donate $1...



Amy is a Mom, just like you are or are going to be. Her gorgeous little man, Cayden, was born in October 2009 and within three weeks was diagnosed with Cystic Fibrosis (CF). Cayden bravely fights CF everyday to be a healthy baby. Despite having Cystic Fibrosis, he is a happy and easy going little guy. Just as we would all do if our babies had been born with any disorder or disability, Amy is doing everything she can to help Cayden and to help find a cure for Cystic Fibrosis. I hope you will do everything you can to support her. I do not know Amy. But, in a small way, I do. Because I can imagine how I would feel, how I would react and how I would fight anything I had to for my baby. Jane had a cold last week and I felt completely helpless... heartbroken because she was miserable and uncomfortable. I cannot imagine how I would feel if she was "sick", in pain or discomfort all the time...

On May 30th, Amy and her family are walking in the Canadian Cystic Fibrosis Foundation's Great Strides Event in Calgary, Alberta. If you are not Canadian, who cares! Anyone can donate. Canadian research has provided the world with amazing breakthroughs so why not give us a shot at Cystic Fibrosis!

Here is the thing. If each of us (us being the MOmMy bRaIns) donated just $5 (that is equivalent to two Starbucks Lattes) toward this cause, we would raise almost $900 for baby Cayden and Cystic Fibrosis. It is literally so simple - I did it. It took me less than one minute. If you only have $1 - donate it. Imagine if everyone donated $1!

To donate:
Click on this link to the Team Cayden - Amy & Phil Tuckwell page

Scroll down a teeny bit and click on the SPONSOR ME button Fill in your details.

Under Payment Information, select Other and enter in the amount you are able to give, even if it is $1, it is better than nothing! So much better!

Click Continue - you will get a confirmation screen - asking if you want a receipt for tax purposes, click confirm or finalize (I forget what the button said) and then that is it!

After I saw the beautiful video of little Cayden, I had to pass this along.

If you are on Facebook and want to help spread the word, join Team Cayden on Facebook and share it with your friends. Like I said, imagine how much we could raise if we convinced all of our friends to donate $1! A dollar doesnt even buy you a pack of gum these days but a lot of dollars together can make a huge difference!

Want to learn more about Amy and her beautiful family - check out her blog: Team C.A.P.

For more information on Cystic Fibrosis, click here.

post signature


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: