Oct 16, 2009

Santa's Little Helper

As if I have any clue what to buy a 7 month old for Christmas...

This is my new dilemma (FYI, for the other MBs out there, I initially spelled that delima, then I tried delema, then dilema and finally dilemma came back without a big red "you're an idiot" line underneath it) - I have no idea what a 6 month old baby enjoys playing with and I don't have the money to waste trying to figure it out.

Thankfully, I happened to be watching the Today Show and caught this segment on Toys for Babies (perfect timing or what?):


So, I checked out Stephanie's site, The Oppenheim Toy Portfolio, and it is exactly what I need. I clicked on "Current Award Winners", and made my way through both the Platinum and Gold awards lists for Infants (there are also lists for Toddlers, Preschoolers and early and later school years). The toys reviewed are fabulous - they're not expensive and they're brands that are easy to find at your local Walmart, Toys-R-Us or on Amazon. Most importantly, the site doesn't have advertisers or accept review fees so you know you're getting an honest, reliable opinion.

I had to share this great find with you all as, using this site, I am super excited to hit the mall for some Christmas shopping this weekend! I'm definitely looking for some of those Sassy Stations for Jane's high chair and the Stack 'n Surprise line by Fisherprice looks like a blast! The kids seemed to be really enjoying it in the Today Show clip.

Hope this helps you with your own Holiday or just-for-the-fun-of-it shopping!

Jen :)

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com

No comments: