Sep 23, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

This week was a heck of a lot better than previous weeks and, thankfully, I lost weight again! WHOOPEE! I'm super proud of me too as Dan was away all weekend and you know what they say... when the men are away, Jen will eat everything in the house! But I did well - I ate smaller meals (and by smaller I mean not fit for a football player-sized meals) and healthier snacks. No Coldstone this week despite my sabotager of a husband who tried to convince me on Monday night - I had will power for the first time in a year! What I have been eating for desserts is fat free whipped cream (frozen) in an ice cream cone. May sound nasty but I love it - it's less calories than ice cream or frozen yogurt and satisfies my need for sweet after a meal. Last week, I took a container of the FF whipped cream, thawed it and mix it with a package of FF Chocolate Pudding, then froze it again. It was pretty good but too much work seeing as I like it as it is. My girlfriend, Kristie gave me this recipe for Healthy Chocolate Chip Banana Muffins that are to die for:

2 cups whole wheat flour
1 tbsn baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 cup splenda or 1/3 spenda brown sugar
4 rotten bananas (by rotten she means really ripe, ha ha ha)
1/2 cup apple sauce
3 egg whites
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
Mix flour, powder, soda and salt in 1 bowl
Mash up banana in another bowl, add spenda, egg whites and mix together
Add banana mix to dry mixture and then add choc chips
Cook at 350 for about 20 mins!

If you make small to medium sized muffins, they are about 140 calories and 1 gram of fat each.

As far as the dreaded exercise - I've been getting out for 30 min walks at least 4-5 times a week. The weather is a lot cooler lately which makes walking so much more enjoyable. I've also been leaving the stroller at home and putting Jane in the snugli so she can enjoy the sights as much as I do.

Here are my stats for the week:
Starting weight: 157 lbs
Current weight: 154 lbs
Pounds lost: 3 lbs
Pounds to lose: 17 lbs

Jill had a stressful week - Jeremiah started waking up during the night again (he was sleeping through the night) and she's been job-hunting, not fun! She's been doing great with exercise, taking spin classes and such, but didn't lose any weight this week. Looks like we're alternating weeks! ha ha ha. She may start measuring inches as well which makes sense as sometimes when you start exercising after a hiatus your muscle gain offsets your "weight loss" because the muscle weighs more... so you're actually getting smaller but not losing pounds.

Here are Jill's stats for the week:
Starting weight: 218 lbs
Current weight: 216 lbs
Pounds lost: 2 lbs
Pounds to lose: 36 lbs (actually she had a MB moment and couldn't remember which made me smile)

So we're getting there, slowly but surely... every pound lost is one pound less to lose! Between the two of us we've lost 5 lbs now and it should only get easier as we're quickly learning what our "weaknesses" are - and with that, hopefully, learning how to stay strong! :)

Jen :)

PS - Jane had her BEST night last night... slept from 9-4:30am!! Of course, I slept from 9-3:30am and kept waking up to make sure she was still breathing! :p Am I still going to be doing this when she's 14?!?!?

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com

1 comment:

Mandy @ The Party of 3 said...

Good Job! And Sierra is 6 and I still check on her in the night and if I can't see her breathing I hoover over her lol!