Jun 7, 2010

Daycare Day#1

Ok, don't think I'm going to let the birthday party experience go by unspoken of but my sis and fam are still here today so I don't have tons of time... It's a "must do" for tomorrow! :)

Today Jane started her transition week to daycare. Day one has Mommy and babe coming and staying together for two hours. Jane was totally fine. Immediately she started playing with the other kids and toys like "no big deal". The daycare gals said sometimes they have kids who have never even seen another child before and freak out immediately - so, if you plan on doing the daycare thing, plan on doing the playdate thing too in anticipation.

The hardest parts of today were:

(1) We arrived just as Jane was nodding off in the backseat - basically right on time with her typical morning nap - so I felt bad but as soon as she saw the "new" toys and kids, she got over it!
(2) Snotty-nosed kids... Yeah. They are there. And, unlike the trip to Walmart where you can avoid them like the plague, the snotty-nosed kids are all over your kid and what are you going to do about it? :p
(3) Last going off one of the little kids pulled on Jane's pony tail and that didn't go over too well when combined with the tiredness, but in typical Jane style, the drama ended after a minute or two.

Tomorrow Jane stays by herself for two hours (I think just two hours). The fabulous daycare gals said they'll put her down for a nap this time though so they can start to get her used to daycare life and, probably, to because they fear she'll be a holy terror child if they don't.

K, I'm off - tons of pictures and nonsense to follow (hopefully tomorrow) on the birthday party! :)

post signature

3 comments:

Mom vs. the boys said...

We had our little guys first birthday party this weekend too, so much fun!
I remember the 'visits' when I started my oldest in Daycare, it's good for both of you.

Margaret said...

Hate to break it to you, but she will become one of those snotty nosed kids soon, but at least she'll have a strong immune system. I've been back to work for 2 and a half months and my 5 and a half month old has been sick 3 times already (which because I'm breastfeeding still means I'm not immune to whatever he got, so of course I get sick too). Thankfully only one of those times he had a fever.

Jennifer said...

I probably seem like a snob when we go to the doc office. I tell my son not to touch their activity table it has germs. Hopefully we might make it to the preschool classroom without me having a nervous break down:-0