Dec 4, 2009

Ho Ho Ho

After writing Santa's Little Helper, I started my search to find Christmas gifts for Jane that I'm hoping and praying weren't a waste of money. As fabulous as The Toy Portfolio is, I had a hard time finding a lot of the products here in Canada. However, I used it as a guide for what types of toys might be enjoyed the most by little Janers.

Thought I'd share with you some of the things I bought... I mean, things that Santa will bring! So here goes:

(1) Fisher-Price Stack 'n Surprise Blocks Peek-a-boo Choo-Choo - this was listed on The Toy Portfolio's Platinum Infant Toys list and when Stephanie was on The Today Show discussing Top Toys, the babes seemed pretty excited about this one.

(2) Fisher-Price Amazing Animals Rollin' Around Jungle Playground - My sister has this for her little girl who's basically the same age as Jane and she loves it. As far as I'm concerned that's truly "kid tested and kid approved"!

(3) Fisher-Price Dunk'n Cheer Basketball - This wasn't on any list, except my husbands. I let him get what he wants sometimes! :p

(4) Fisher-Price Rock-A-Stack - C'mon, this is a classic! Who didn't have this growing up?!?!

(5) Fisher-Price Brilliant Basics Baby's First Blocks - You know that I didn't realize it until just now but apparently I'm a Fisher-Price fan! Once again, can't go wrong with some of the classics... I mean, we all turned out OK didn't we (obviously this statement excludes certain people of our generation - Britney Spears, Paris Hilton, etc.)

(6) Sassy Big and Small Chime Ball - I read somewhere that it's good for babes development to roll a ball back and forth together. This one was soft, cheap, and makes noise... perfecto if you ask me!

(7) Little Tikes 2-in-1 Snug N Secure Swing - Pink - We're going to connect this to the hooks that are already in the beams of our ceiling for the Jolly Jumper, making it an indoor swing. This was my girlfriend's idea and I thought it was fabulous. Our Canadian Winters can be long... a girl can't wait that long for her first swing! :p

That's all I can remember at this point. In truth, I am shocked I remembered all of those... I've had them wrapped for ages! I'm a total geek and actually love wrapping Christmas gifts. :p We have gotten Jane a bunch of clothes for Christmas as well but I'm sure you'll see lots of pictures of those in the new year!

Happy Shopping & Good Luck!

If you are still at a loss for Christmas gifts here are two good resources:
Posh Little 2009 Holiday Gift Guide
The Posh Little Holiday Gift Guide (Click left)
and
The Oppenheim Toy Portfolio

post signature

PS - Only three more days to enter our Holiday Card Giveaway!


Top Mommy Blogs - Mom Blog Directory

No comments: