Nov 4, 2009

Weigh-In Wednesday

I've done fabulously with exercise this week - at least one walk almost every day. Jane and I also went swimming yesterday (see picture) which I'm sure burnt at least 5-10 calories! :p Eating, not so much... it was Halloween. I should have mentioned last Wednesday that I wasn't even going to bother this week. A girl's gotta live! We had pizza on Friday, Halloween treats on Saturday and Sunday... whatever! It was totally worth it.

So, I bought into the hype from my gf Laura and Oprah and bought a pair of Reebok Easytones. In my defense, if they do nothing more than a regular sneaker, I needed new walking sneakers anyways. But, apparently, they are supposed to help tone your legs by making you a little unbalanced so your muscles have to work harder (similar to doing crunches on an exercise ball). I ordered them online so once I get them, I'll give you my thoughts...

Anyways - didn't lose weight this week but shocked that I didn't gain any either after the calorie-fest on the weekend. No worries, back on track today and dealing with the consequences.

Still haven't woken up early to run downstairs but I'm not sure how that will work... Jane sleeps until 7:30am but that's with me taking her into the bed with me from 6am onward. If I leave her in her crib, she wakes up every 20 mins or so - so I'd get more of a workout running up and down the stairs from the treadmill to her room, that I would from actually running. What I might have to do is wake up at 5:30, run, then take her to bed with me and go back to sleep... doesn't sound too tempting right now but maybe some morning I'll be really motivated and see how it goes.

Received a great link for eating healthier when you have to dine-out from Jennifer... check it out. I know, myself, I've ordered off the kids menu loads of times - you still get the yummy flavour without the giant portions!

Hopefully I can keep up with the exercise this week and will have better results next Wednesday!

Jen :)

PS - Like Weigh-In Wednesdays? Let me know by voting for me at Top Baby Blogs by clicking below!

Vote For Us @ TopBaby Blogs! The Best Baby Blog Directory

1 comment:

Lift Like A Mom said...

LOL..that pic is too cute :) Keep up the good work. Sounds like you're doing great! Everyone has to cheat from time to time.