Jun 8, 2009

First Post-Baby Update

Just a quick update... it's been a busy few days as we adjust to our sweet arrival.

It's great to be home. The two days at the hospital were challenging. Your life revolves around checks and tests and nurses and doctor visits. It's really difficult. Just as you start feeding or FINALLY get her sleeping, another knock comes at the door for a check-up! But our nurse was awesome and we were so lucky to have a private room.

Finally got some sleep last night. Jane was cluster feeding (she is a sucker) at the hospital and I literally got 30mins sleep within four days. We gave in yesterday and tried the soother on her so I could get a break and it worked. The nurse said Jane's latch was great so we didn't have to worry about nipple confusion. This gave me peace of mind as I really wanted to avoid the soother but I couldn't survive on another night of no sleep. We've only had to use the soother for a total of 10 mins, so far, which makes me happy.

Breastfeeding is going really well so far. Her latch was great from the very beginning. Regardless, my nipples are sore as hell from the initial cluster feeding. My milk is starting to come in and already Pam Anderson ain't got nothing on me!

Heading to the docs now for Jane's first check-up. My blood type is 0+ and she's A+ so she's at higher risk for jaundice. She was checked at the hospital and her billirubin levels were fine but the Pediatrician still recommended checking in with my doc once we got home.

We are so in love with our baby girl... love isn't even a good enough word. I can't leave her alone and don't let her out of my sight. Dan has taken thousands of pictures and just keeps staring at her. He's been amazing, very supportive and wants to do his "share" which is a big help.

Will give you lots of details on the labour and delivery when I get my next free minute.


Jen :)

Vote For Us @ PoshLittle.Com

6 comments:

Jen Peddle said...

I'm so happy that everything went well for you. I'm in awe of baby Jane. I must have looked at your facebook album like 6 times already. It makes me anxious for my own! I have a million questions for you when we finally get to chat. I should start writing them down. If there is anything you need picked up, supper cooked, anything! let me know...

Lift Like A Mom said...

YEAH! I am so happy for you. Jane is absolutely beautitful and I know you must be so excited to hold her now. Congrats to your new family :)

Meredith said...

Gorgeous! What a blessing!

Anonymous said...

Congratulations! Glad everything is going well...update soon!

Spearmint Baby said...

Awww...she is so beautiful! congrats!!!

Sheryl said...

She's beautiful... Congrats!!