Jun 4, 2009

Docs Appt Update

Currently swallowing my sorrows in a bowl of frozen yougurt... a large bowl. Docs appt this morning confirmed what I already believed, nothing is happening. The doc couldn't even do a good "sweep" because of the position of my cervix. I'm so disappointed. I wanted to cry when she checked me, I could tell right away that it wasn't "good" news.

So, the plan of "attack" is as follows - Sunday morning we'll be admitted to outpatient "cervical ripening" (sounds like a party). They'll start with Cervidil, prostaglandin gel, to dilate my cervix. I'll be monitored for an hour to make sure baby is OK, then they kick me out for six hours after which I come back to see where we're at. If there's no change, they'll double the dose and try again. What happens next depends on how my body responds. The Cervidil could stimulate labour or I may have to get Pitocin (oxytocin), to simulate contractions. It's really frustrating and disappointing to have to be induced. I feel like I've done everything "right" my whole pregnancy and now my body's failing me. Sorry to whine, but it's just one of those days! I know once Jane is here I will not give a hoot how the heck she got here. We have been very lucky so far, so I am thankful.

In the meantime, I'm praying that, by some miracle, my body decides to kick into gear before Sunday and I'll avoid induction altogether. Unlikely, but who knows! I had some extraordinarily good soup for lunch that my friend says is sure to stimulate labour (thanks Karalynn!)... you'll get full credit! :)

Despite all the crappity-crap above, I am SO excited about finally getting to meet our little girl in the next few days. I know it will all be worth it in the end.

Jen :)

Vote For Us @ PoshLittle.Com


Anonymous said...

If it makes you feel better, the night I went in to get the Cervidil I actually went into labour on my own...the baby had a mind of his own and did not want to be forced out. Maybe Jane will be the same!

Meredith said...

I know you don't want to be induced...but I think if I were in your position, I'd be BEGGING for the Pitocin!

Here's hoping you go into labor all on your own!

Jen said...

Thanks ladies... It definitely made me feel better just to vent a little on the blog today.

You guys are the best!

Jen ;)

Unknown said...

Jenny my love....I have said every prayer I know for you.....I will keep it up and hope that Jane gets a burst or energy....worse case senario you get to go on the wonderful "drip"!!I never had any contractions till I got the trip...my membranes just slightly "ruptured"....lets hope you have the same....even if its just a little one!!!!
Thinking about you! missing you xoxox